Thursday, October 8, 2009

Monopoly and literature?

This falls under the "I'd rather be lucky than good" category. I'm reading through some old issues of The American Economic Review and ran across an article on monopoly right as I was thinking about the previous post:

"Naked Exclusion, Efficient Breach, and Downstream Competition" by John Simpson and Abraham L. Wickelgren in the September 2007 issue of The American Economic Review

I haven't really even skimmed the article yet, but the radio program I heard compared the IBM complaints to the Microsoft case and mentioned bundling software. This article is probably over my head, but it sounds tantalizingly close to what IBM is doing. I'm thinking an exclusivity contract with a buyer would be equivalent to IBM's "You want to run my software? You run it on my hardware."

Here's the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment